We are currently seeking an interim Scientific Communications Advisor, to work with our global FMCG client, renowned for brands such as Dove, Sure, Persil, and Simple, and become an integral part of their fast-paced FMCG environment.
This is a hybrid position based in Seacroft, Leeds (working from the office a minimum of 2-3 days per week). This is a full-time temporary role to run until the end of February 2025, requiring 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Compensation for this role is competitive, paying up to £36,900 per annum, pro rata, depending upon experience.
We are seeking a motivated and skilled individual to join our client's Deodorant R&D Claims and Activation team within the Strategic Innovation Team. You will play a pivotal role developing and validating scientific communications and activations, for all the global Deodorants Brands - Sure/Rexona, Lynx/Axe and Dove, bringing innovation to life for consumers, through the creation and deployment of compelling, clear, and bold messages and narratives on our science and innovation.
It is key to bring our excellent technology and product science to life through informing, educating, raising awareness of science-related topics, and increasing the sense of wonder about scientific discoveries and arguments, creating digital technical assets and demonstrations.
- Plan and execute narratives, claims and scientific communication programmes for a portfolio of global products using a wide range of tools to maximise product story and bring to life innovation to consumers.
- Analyse scientific data generated to highlight performance or product functionality/benefit that can be used on scientific communication.
- Make use of UL claims best practices to support development and defence plans for all our scientific stories in the form of claims and assets partnering with key functions such as Marketing, Legal, regulatory and with R&D counterparts in regional/countries business units.
- Present new opportunities for Brands and projects utilising a wide range of tools videos, demos, animations, digital assets etc - to drive consideration and purchase of UL Deodorants Products amongst our key internal (regional business units) and external stakeholders (trade, PR influencers and consumers).
- Conduct studies with consumers to validate insights, claims, storytelling opportunities and to create support for our assets.
- Analyse and understand competitors' claim environment, supporting competitors' challenge activities where relevant.
- Strong scientific background and training.
- Demonstrated experience working with and managing projects across cross-functional teams, both internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Proficiency in data analysis, interpretation, and visualization.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in a field of science
- Strong passion for identifying unmet consumer needs.
- Passion for Science and Technology and how to best bring it to life through storytelling and convey superiority via relevant claims.
- A creative mind to support new disruptive statements and storytelling.
- Experience in successfully presenting complicated insights/technologies to non-technical audiences in a compelling way
- Ability to deliver results through cross-functional partnerships.
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders and thrive under uncertainty.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset, clear drive to make it happen.
- Knowledge of cosmetic formulation and packaging science gained in the FMCG industry is advantageous.
Leeds working environment:
- There is a canteen available onsite serving hot and cold food.
- There is a Staff Shop where Contingent Workers can buy discounted products.
- Free tea and coffee on site.
- Free parking.
- R&D sites have Free Fruit, Relaxation/Energy facilities like Table Tennis.