Job Title: Learning Technologist
Location: Bovington, Dorset + Hybrid Working Arrangements
Compensation: £40,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55980
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Learning Technologist at our Bovington site.
As a Learning Technologist, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll draw on your knowhow, experience and understanding of learning technologies, to develop and support a programme of continuous improvement as part of a dynamic and critical training system. You will also identify how, through learning technologies, existing and future training delivery can be modernised, and the overall learning experience improved, creating greater realism and effective training.
Day to day, you'll develop and enhance training and service delivery by identifying, problem-solving and facilitating improvements to training, including application of Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) and trainer capability.
- Ensure TEL is being used to its full potential across the training delivery service. Encourage further adoption by identifying, researching, and proposing improvements that would benefit training and service delivery.
- Provide advice, guidance, audits, and support on the use of technology in the design and creation of learning content through workshops, one-off consultations or collaborative projects.
- Maintain a high awareness of new and emerging learning technologies and media.
- Work with the customer and contract teams to align TEL development with trainer skill improvement.
- Identify, support and implement the creation of new multimedia training materials in collaboration with the customer's Training Design and Development Group and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), ensuring correct application of the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
This role is full time, 37 hours based on site at Bovington with hybrid working from home arrangements.
Essential experience of the Learning Technologist:
- Experience of working within a learning management system, (desirable DLE, essential is Moodle)
- Knowledge of the course design process IAW requirements of systems approach to training (preference is Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT - JSP 822))
- Knowledge of and previous involvement in projects that have implemented digital learning media as part of a transformation to training.
- Experience of upskilling organisations responsible for training individuals/small groups in the use of new training technologies and systems
Qualifications for the Learning Technologist:
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification or considerable experience working in a digital learning environment.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC required security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 23/02/2024