Up to £30,000
We have a role available for a Transport Planner to work with our client in Wythenshawe, Manchester.
This is a permanent role working for one of the largest freight forwarding businesses globally.
The role is working on the afternoon shift Monday to Friday with working hours of 1pm-10pm.
We are looking for an experienced transport planner whose focus will be meeting customer requirements with regards to safe and efficient transport of their goods.
Key responsibilities for the Transport Planner:
- Planning and re-planning of distribution vehicles and routes
- Utilise vehicle fleet in the most effective way
- Complete reports/KPI's required
- Monitor daily transport performance and identify improvement areas
- Prepare documentation for the warehouse department for loading/offloading cargo to vehicles
- General administration duties (invoicing; filing; queries; claims; check costs)
- Communicate internal and external customers, drivers, suppliers, and other offices
Candidate requirements for the Transport Planner:
- Knowledge and practical experience using transport operating systems
- Understanding of Drivers Hours & Transport Regulations
- Experience planning a fleet of subcontracted vehicles
- Good knowledge of UK geographical areas, motorways, main roads and secondary roads
To apply for this role, please forward your CV.