Job Title: Waterfront Engineering Manager - Future Submarines
Location: Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute + Hybrid Working
Compensation: £56,837 - £63,567 DOE + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55034
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Waterfront Engineering Manager at our Clyde, Faslane site.
As a Waterfront Engineering Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most high-profile and complex engineering projects helping shape the design build and support arrangements of future Royal Navy submarines.
Day to day, you'll be directly accountable to Supportability Manager for the delivery of outputs against programme and the completion of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as delegated. Your key responsibilities will include;
- Responsible for supporting the development of fleet-time maintenance period durations, accompanied with risks and costs.
- Responsible for supporting the design programme with supportability and availability advice and guidance/MUOC Confidence.
- Grow and lead a team of Support Representatives/Subject Matter Experts in their specific field/area of experience. Provide specific tasking to support design influence activities, driving a supportable end product.
- Identification of lessons learned (LfE) and subsequent integration into the business/design programme/relevant Support Representative.
This role is full time - 36 hours and will be based at on site at HMNB Clyde near Helensburgh, with hybrid working from home arrangements.
Essential experience of the Waterfront Engineering Manager:
- A working understanding of the submarine and its systems.
- Experience of delivering in-service maintenance periods, preferably from an operations group e.g. production, commissioning.
- Previous experience of leading Multi Discipline Engineering teams.
- Ability to take complex engineering problems and resolve them into easy to understandable outputs.
- Excellent communicator and able to articulate complex arguments for a wide range of stakeholders to understand.
- Able to demonstrate the motivation to drive issues to completion and to continue your professional development.
Qualifications for the Waterfront Engineering Manager:
- Achieved or working towards Chartered status, registered with a relevant engineering or management institute. Educated to Degree Level, or with equivalent qualifications and experience.
- APM qualified or will have an equivalent Project Management qualification.
Please note that this position is subject to enhanced national security vetting. The successful candidate must be a sole UK national who is able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining SC, NNPPI or Developed Vetting (DV) level of security clearances).
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 19/02/2024