Job Title: Mechanical Calibration Engineer
Location: Helensburgh, Argyll and Bute
Compensation: £39,054 - £43,227 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55782
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Mechanical Calibration Engineer at our Clyde, Faslane site.
As a Mechanical Calibration Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary providing services which support vessels and shore-based facilities at HM Naval Base Clyde.
Day to day, your responsibilities will include calibrating, adjusting and repairing Mechanical/Electro-Mechanical Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) and Nucleonic Radiation Detection & Monitoring Equipment (RDME), producing accurate reporting of activities and instructing other technicians and Royal Navy staff in the theory and practice of calibration and instrumentation. Further responsibilities will include:
- Calibration of instrumentation over a wide range of measurement parameters
- Produce and validate procedures, highlighting changes by raising a calibration trouble and failure report in accordance with Trident documentation.
- Set up and deliver calibration training courses covering the various calibration parameters and disciplines for both civilian and naval personnel.
- Lead and participate in measurement audits as part of the US / UK Inter laboratory comparison programme to ensure the Facilities future parameter re-certification.
- Produce hard and soft copy documents and/or software calibration procedures and checklists for new calibration systems.
This role is full time 37 hours per week and will be based at HMNB Clyde, near Helensburgh.
Essential experience of the Mechanical Calibration Engineer:
- Ability to review complex engineering documentation.
- Highly organised, with high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Qualifications for the Mechanical Calibration Engineer:
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship or equivalent.
- HNC in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.