Job Title: Joiner
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Compensation: £34,163 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55997
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Joiner at our Devonport Royal Dockyard site.
As a Joiner, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. you'll play an integral role in ensuring the Royal Navy fleet is serviced and maintained to the highest of standards and specification.
Day to day, you'll join a team of experienced individuals working closely together. The team are all based in a workshop environment in Devonport Dockyard. Internal stakeholders include our production capability managers and director.
This role is full time, 36 hours based on site at Devonport Royal Dockyard.
Essential experience of the Joiner:
- Experience of reading engineering drawings.
- Experience in reading and calculating measurements.
- Experience working with hardwoods, softwoods and plywood.
- Ability to work on their own and in a team.
- Using machinery such as, but not limited to, cross cuts, surfacers, thicknessers, wide belt sanders, 6 head moulders, spindle moulders and re-saws.
Qualifications for the Joiner:
- NVQ 2 or equivalent in a joinery/carpentry-based qualification
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 23/02/2024