Undertake a wide range of administrative and office support activities to support a team or department. Maintain high standards of administration for a range of projects / activities. Maintain efficient administrative systems to support team activities.Maintain electronic and hard copy records and filing systems and retrieve documents and information as needed.Co-ordinate and maintain records, including inputting data using a variety of different software such as spreadsheets and databases.Understand relevant University processes and regulations such as those for submitting timesheets, claiming expenses, raising purchase orders etc and carry out administration associated with such processes.Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emailsSchedule and co-ordinate meetings, appointments, attendance at events and training.Make bookings for travel and other arrangements when necessary.Provide support for a range of formal and informal meetings, produce agendas, and circulate papers in a timely manner.Take notes or minutes of meetings; record, compile transcribe and distribute minutes, action points or other notes. This will include formal meetings.Maintain electronic and hard copy records and filing systems and retrieve documents and information as needed.Co-ordinate and maintain records, including inputting data using a variety of different software such as spreadsheets and databases.Maintain team and department calendars including providing invitations and reminders for events.Provide administrative support including:
Answer, screen and transfer incoming telephone calls. Where appropriate provide a response. Alternatively ensure callers are directed to appropriate colleagues. Where appropriate follow up incoming queries to ensure they have been responded to.Photocopying, fax, mailingOpen, sort and distribute incoming correspondenceMaintain office supplies such as stationeryReceive and direct visitorsRespond to routine enquiries in person, by telephone, email or correspondence. Refer more complex or detailed queries to appropriate colleagues.Respond to requests for information and data.
- Relevant vocational qualifications such as a NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration or able to demonstrate equivalent work experience and relevant skills.
- Relevant experience in a similar office environment
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy equivalent to GCSE English and Maths.
- IT skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing, record keeping and note taking.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate an organised approach to work and ability to prioritise different tasks.
- Ability and aptitude to learn new skills quickly.
Good attention to detail and accuracy.
6 months temp position. Full time 37 hours per week
Based at University House, City Centre