ADM Content Assistant
Open to Second Year Arts Design and Media BCU Students Only!
Location: West Midlands, Birmingham
Salary: £8.21 per hour
Posted: 19 September 2019
Closes: 30 September 2019
Role: Content Assistant
Location: Parkside Building
Interview Date: Thursday 3 October 2019
Application: Cover letter and application form.
We are looking for a second year student from the Faculty of Arts, Design and Media to work with the ADM Marketing team on marketing activities for the School of Media, School of Visual Communication and the New Technology Institute.
With training and support from the Marketing Officer, the successful applicant will:
- Support the generation of digital content ideas that meet the Faculty's and University's strategic aims and address user behaviour on chosen channels (i.e. web, social media and CRM).
- With supervision, turn ideas into reality by delivering engaging content that inspires interaction, whether that is blog or news story content, photography or video. This supports the development of content for organic and paid online campaigns.
- Regularly review the performance of our content by interpreting and reporting on statistics and supporting market research.
- Identify content best practice among competitor universities and in other sectors in terms of their web presence and video production
- Providing a range of administrative support; this will include liaising closely with students, staff and external suppliers, so a confident communication manner is essential.
- Must be able to commit to 4 hours per week between now and 26 June 2020 (time can booked off as holiday)
- Good IT skills with proficiency MS Office
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience using a content management system (eg. Wordpress or similar)
- HTML, Photoshop, photography and video editing skills
- A student in the second year of their course, as this role could be extended into the 2020/21 academic year.
Hours of Work:
- 4 hours per week between Monday - Friday which may include occasional evening work
- Your hours can be negotiated around your academic timetable.