Recreational Bar Assistant
This post is Open Only to current BCU Students!
Start Date :
Saturday 20th August 2022
End Date :
Sunday 19th February 2023
The Pavilion Moor Lane, Birmingham, B6 7AA
The Pavilion and the Doug Ellis Sports centre are responsible for providing students, staff and external customers with a professional events and sports experience. Working as part of a team the post holder will assist with sales of food and beverages mostly to the Sports customers outside venue. You will also be required to work in a bar to assist with Events.
This post would suit somebody who can work weekends, Wednesday afternoon and occasional evenings.
This position will also play a key role in terms of communication with our customers to ensure that outstanding customer service is of the utmost priority
- Delivering excellent customer service to students / staff and external customers.
- Experience of working under pressure, a keen attitude to learn and work well as part of a team.
- Duties will include, preparing drinks, sales of confectionary, assistance of Sports staff and assistance of Events staff.
- Experience in use of a till to take orders and payments
- Experience preferred but not essential working within the events industry to include bar work and large internal and external sports events
To undertake all tasks as delegated by the Duty Manager
- The post holder must be able to work weekends, some afternoons, and occasional evenings.
- The post holder must have a pleasant and helpful personality with a professional appearance
- Excellent customer services skills
- The post holder must have the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
Able to undertake duties at different premises including any University campus as required.
Sat8:30am - 4:30pm
Sun8:30am - 5:00pm
Total15.5 hours per week (6 months fixed term role)