Funeral Service Operative
We have several, immediate temporary positions available now for Funeral Service Operatives, essential keyworkers for the last line of care.
As a Funeral Service Operative, you will act as an ambassador for our funeral homes. Showing empathy and compassion, you will be required to treat the deceased with the utmost respect. This position does not require previous experience but we do expect you to provide exceptional customer service in a dignified manner, working as part of a team to support families and friends of the deceased in their time of need.
What you’ll need to do:
- Provide excellent customer service to a diverse range of customers.
- Clean, prepare and chauffeur funeral vehicles, carry coffins and help care for the deceased.
- Support with the private ambulance service which brings the deceased into our care from hospitals, hospices, private homes and more.
- Act in a dignified manner at all times, displaying a professional attitude, approachability and attention to detail.
What we’ll need from you:
- Customer focused and able to deal with customers compassionately.
- Resilience, able to work in emotionally demanding environments.
- Availability for the full duration of your assignment.
- Proof of your right to work in the UK. A valid UK driving licence is required.
- Physically able to engage with lifting and carrying activities of varied weights.
- 22 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday (pro rata).
- Various shift patterns available - flexibility will be required.
- Full training is provided
- Opportunity to build on customer service skills and give back to your community in the last line of care.
During the recruitment and onboarding process we will be adhering to the social distancing guidance from the government - there will be no face to face interviews, all are conducted online via video.
If you are interested, please do not hesitate to apply now and our team will be in touch.
Dignity UK is the countries largest collection of Funeral Directors. We are one of the most trusted providers of Funeral Services and Prepaid Funeral Plans. We are honoured to serve over 800 local communities across the UK; our rich and lengthy heritage ensures we can deliver funeral services with local knowledge and unparalleled expertise.