We have an immediate, full-time position available for a Grounds Person to assist in the maintenance of cemeteries, providing a presentable environment for friends and family. Salary dependant on skills and experience.
As a grounds person / gardener, you will work as part of a team to maintain the historical grounds and ensure they are well kept for friends and family of the deceased. There is no contact with the deceased in this role but there is a requirement to be comfortable working in this type of environment.
What you’ll need to do:
- Take care of the grounds, keeping them maintained and presentable
- Supporting with the creation of memorial gardens and plots to client specification
- Managing the day – day needs of the grounds as part of a close knit team
- You may from time to time come in contact with friends and relatives of the deceased, so empathy, respect and courtesy is required
- Flexibility to take on additional crematoria duties
What we’ll need from you:
- Good communication skills
- Hard working and willing to apply yourself
- Good attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a team or carrying out tasks by yourself
- Horticultural experience is an advantage but not required – the key is a willingness to learn, develop your skills and undertake training courses
- 22 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday
- Full training is provided
- Prospect of growth and career development
During the recruitment and onboarding process we will be adhering to the social distancing guidance from the government.
Dignity Funerals are one of the leading funeral providers within the UK and are currently listed on the London stock exchange, with a history dating back to 1812 we employ over 4,400 staff across our 826 funeral locations and 45 crematoria sites.
We are trusted by our customers to provide the most professional, empathic support at times of difficulty.
We continue to operate to the highest possible standards across our network whether it be in our operational roles based at our local funeral providers/crematoria, our award winning 24-hour Client Service Centre or our supporting functions within our Head Office in the heart of Sutton Coldfield (Birmingham).
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do, if you wish to be part of a successful business with a strong moral compass.