Chapel Attendant / Seasonal Gardener
We have an immediate, full-time dual position available for a Chapel Attendant /Seasonal Gardener. Salary is dependant on skills and experience.
As a Chapel Attendant you are responsible for the smooth running of the funeral service from greeting the funeral attendees at the Crematoria, to working with the Funeral Directors and Ministers. You will manage the paperwork required for the service and the general management of the service and requests of friends and family of the deceased. Attention to detail, empathy, excellent customer service and a can-do attitude is key to succeeding in this role. As a dual role, in the Summer months Garden maintenance tasks will be required in this position, mowing the lawns, maintenance of the gardens and flower beds.
What you’ll need to do:
- Liaise with Funeral Directors and Ministers, ensuring any specific requests from the family regarding the chapel set up and order of service are carried out
- Take full responsibility for the preparation of the chapel prior to each service including cleaning and Covid sanitisation
- Take responsibility for the preparation of music and webcasting for friends and family who cannot attend in person. Full training is provided for this
- Be prepared to undertake garden maintenance tasks in the summer months.
What we’ll need from you:
- Proactive approach and ability to communicate effectively with a range of people
- Presentable at all times, acting with professional conduct and showing empathy
- Excellent attention to detail is essential
- Physically capable of undertaking the activities required including cleaning, lifting and gardening duties
- Willingness to learn – all training is provided.
- Supply the necessary documentation for a full DBS check
- 22 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday
- Full training is provided
- Prospect of growth and career development
During the recruitment and onboarding process we will be adhering to the social distancing guidance from the government.
Dignity Funerals are one of the leading funeral providers within the UK and are currently listed on the London stock exchange, with a history dating back to 1812 we employ over 4,400 staff across our 826 funeral locations and 45 crematoria sites.
We are trusted by our customers to provide the most professional, empathic support at times of difficulty.
We continue to operate to the highest possible standards across our network whether it be in our operational roles based at our local funeral providers/crematoria, our award winning 24-hour Client Service Centre or our supporting functions within our Head Office in the heart of Sutton Coldfield (Birmingham).
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do, if you wish to be part of a successful business with a strong moral compass.