Catering Assistant - Edgware Community Hospital, Edgware
The NHS needs you now more than ever. We are looking for a full-time, Catering Assistant to work at Edgware Community Hospital, Edgware on a 3 month fixed term contract.
Our people are working hard behind the scenes to provide safe, clean, well maintained environments for patients and their NHS colleagues during this challenging time. They are the #HiddenHeros and we need more of them. You will become part of a team who are passionate about supporting the NHS and its people in their vital work by keeping premises clean and safe.
You will become part of a team who are passionate about supporting the NHS and its people through a wide range of catering tasks to support patients, staff and visitors.
Salary and benefits
* £18,165.32 PA Pro-Rata
* Excellent holidays - 27 days plus public and bank holidays. Pro-Rata for FTC.
* Life assurance, income protection, personal accident cover and an employee assistance programme in addition to many other benefits.
Where will you work?
You will work at Edgware Community Hospital, Burnt Oak Broadway, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 0AD
What hours would you work?
You will work 37.5 Hours Per Week, 10:30 - 18:30 working on a rota basis, 5 out of 7 days Monday to Sunday.
What would you do?
In this role you would be responsible for a wide range of catering tasks including but not limited to;
* You will provide a food and beverage service to exacting standards and ensuring customers are served promptly, courteously and efficiently
* You will prepare food in line with all relevant food safety legislation is complied with
* You will also support deliveries, stock rotation, maintain records and handle cash
* You will complete cleaning duties in the kitchen, dining facility and all other areas within our 'clean as you go' policy
What experience and skills do you need?
You do not need to have any experience as we will provide full training however you will need some transferable experience to be successful in this job for example:
* You will have a basic knowledge of catering and manual handling
* You will need to have good basic level of English because you may need to speak to patients, visitors and staff in a healthcare environment as well as reporting any issues, ensuring that you understand your training and can carry out all policies and procedures and able to keep accurate records.
What are we looking for?
* We are looking for people who have the right values and want to make a difference for NHS patients and staff
* You will work hard, be a great team ambassador and bring energy to everything you do.
What do you need to think about before applying?
* This role is physically demanding, and you will be lifting; moving and completing repetitive tasks.