Delivery Driver – Rotherham
£11.64 per hour
Monday – Saturday
Join us for now for a temporary assignment as a delivery driver. We have immediate work (which may lead to a permanent role for the right candidate). You will be delivering some of the most important parcels across your local areas as parcel volumes are starting to increase.
Come and join our successful team, working for a nationally recognised company!
As a collection and delivery driver you will be working from one of the parcel depots, collecting and delivering parcels within the area. You will be required to work 5 days per week and additional hours can be offered. Normal hours can be scheduled between Monday to Saturday (you might also be asked to work Sundays).
Start times may also vary but as a rule will start around 08.00am.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving a 3.5t to deliver and collect between 45 to 70 parcels per day, you will start off with a smaller number of parcels whilst you get to know the role and build up to the expected volumes.
- You will be provided with a delivery and collections route to ensure all parcels are delivered/collected on time.
- Scanning parcels on and off route to ensure tracking information is available to customers and colleagues.
- Carrying out relevant safety checks on the vehicle.
- Working as part of the wider Parcelforce Worldwide and depot team to improve customer service.
The ideal candidate should hold a valid Category B (3.5t light van) manual UK driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points. Previous experience completing parcel multi-drop is advantageous due to the number of parcels you will be expected to deliver each day.
We are looking for those individuals who have great customer service skills who can navigate and drive safely to deliver parcels to help make a difference in the community.
For further information please apply today as we are waiting to hear from you..